“Sharpen the Saw means preserving and enhancing the greatest asset you have – you.” Stephen Covey
Sharpen the Saw is a three day course is designed to respond to the need and the desire amongst RD1st coaches alumni for learning that builds on the RD1st accredited coaching course as well as on our diverse experience as coaches.
The course has run since 2018 in London and Lancaster. Feedback from participants celebrates the highlights of this 3 day programme:
- ‘If you want to become the coach you know you are…make this programme your priority’
- ‘A whetstone like no other – don’t worry about your level of practice, if you bring your experience you’ll be enriched’
- ‘Worth taking three days out of everything else to invest, ultimately in your precious self.’
- ‘Energising, practical, reflective, brilliant for building resilience and confidence. Also growth as a trainer, as well as a coach.’
- ‘Clear, compassionate, rigorous training and facilitation.’
The programme builds on the learning from the RD1st coaching course, and draws from other models and approaches to explore the relational and systemic aspects of our work with coachee/clients. Working as a group to explore and learn from others, we invite you to share your own experience and knowledge to engender a deeper confidence in who you are as a coach.
Sharpen the Saw is aimed specifically at practicing RD1st accredited coaches; however, we are open to inquiries from non RD1st coaches, so please do get in touch with us if you’re interested.
The three day programme will be both experiential – space to reflect, stretch, question, challenge – and tangible, offering new skills, tools and models for your unique coaching tool box.
“Like the alchemist’s crucible, can the special context created by the coaching encounter bring heart, mind and spirit together to produce gold?” Hetty Einzig, The Future of Coaching: Vision, Leadership and Responsibility in a Transforming World
Trainers: Emma Haughton and Isabel Mortimer.